Thursday, June 4, 2015

Weekly happenings…..



Tom Perry died.... :( sad. 
This week was pretty long, its getting to the end of the transfer, but good news WE HAVE IPADS! not until next transfer but they are in the mission office! FINALLY! haha so were pretty stoked about that, and we have to take an hour of pros time to basically FB stalk people haha so wierd, but whatever. Im excited! I hope I get your package in the next couple days, Im getting worried I might be transfered and the package will come after I leave, but I will pray. I just sent you a package today! Full of awesome chocolate, and I sent some carmels from the Mont Saint Michel and some of my favorite tea for you and court!  
We did a TON of gardening this week for members, and lets just say a full schedule this week too lol. I think its getting nice here and the spring, but it was funny we were joking about just opening up an lds missionary gardening business, but it was funny. The family we do it for is the clerk in the ward, the other is an american family from alaska, so fun stuff! anyway we taught a lot this week, and we are really trying to get some amies in progress but its like pulling teeth.... sometimes the french get to me! but not this week, 
I found this femme contacting her name is Gabby and she is from the same District as Andrew in China! She moved to Rennes just two weeks before, and its the first time she has ever lived alone, she is so cute! She comes to the ya activities, and I took a awk selfie with her lol. She wants to find Andrew on "we chat" or something like that, she only speaks chinese and english, and is desprately trying to learn french, but it is a struggle, its so funny we have a blast with her, she is one of my favorite people I have met on the mission, something about the chinese people just make me love em' lol. 
We did a ton of less active finding this week one of the members asked us, went around to about 20 different addresses all over the city. and 0 were interessted. But ca va it was all worth it because we were inviting them to a ward dance party, and we got to see the bishop dance, which i wish I could explain to you why this is so funny, but picture the frenchiest man dance, BEST THING EVER! it was a hoot. And the ward gave us tons of food! 

well looks like you had fun with strawberries this year! Its hard being in europe where none of that is a thing, I really miss the picking fruit and fun summer stuff, but the work does go by so fast in the summer when everyone is out! Its really my favorite time for missionary work becasue there are so many opportunities! 
Im close to the war chapters in Alma and I just love the BOM, seriously cant go a day with out reading it, i have learned so much from my personal studies in the morning its great! 

As for the Utah State, everything is already aligned up i have it waiting until Fall 2016, so we are good, I think all we have to do is send in the fasfa forms there, I will look for some scolorships and what not, but dont worry about it i'll be fine! i have 8 months until I come home. I just sent the letter that explains more of it. Im sorry, there might be a mini transfer right before christmas, im not sure, but Pres and the mission headquarters are crakin down on time for missionaries, too many are leaving early without a "honorary release" I also think with all the numbers of soeurs in the mission keeps declining, I need to stay and help it out. I know its not ideal, but its what I feel the Lord wants for me. I also dont think the program at BYU will be as established as Utah State, and I think the one at Utah would provide more opportunities, between my major. So those were my thoughts, and answers. Just DONT WORRY! Mom you are awesome, im sure the missionaries will ask you to teach again with them, if not ask them if you can teach with them on sunday i think it will make their week, I know it would mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment