Saturday, January 3, 2015

Member invites make all the difference

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Ashley Stevens <stevens.ashley@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hey nice to see you guys sent pictures.... and so much to read.... haha the skype was awesome, and I will share a couple miracles now.
Cynthia: She is 16 years old and was a member referral. Her friend Brisa who is the member invited her to join in on thier young woman sacrament meeting, and she absoluetly loved it. Ever since then, she has grown and progressed in the gospel, and on the fast sunday of December bore her testimony in front of the ward. Take that as an example! Anyway she is very excited to be baptized January 31st! My last saturday in Nogent!
Patricia: She is also a member referral, and guess how?! A member (Marie Rose) felt prompted by the spirit to talk to her at a bus stop, well she just moved here from the congo and has no food, and is paying all she has for her apartment, and really scraping by and needs someone to watch her kids, so when the member stopped to just ask how she was a conversation was made, and her circumstances came up, then Marie Rose invited her to dinner, and that is where we come in, we taught her about prayer and a little bit of the restoration, she really liked it and came to church that week and then guess what? BORE HER TESTIMONY because we had an extra fast sunday this month because everyone was gone. Anyway it was awesome! And we are going to visit her again, and hopefully set a baptismal date!

So yeah thats an update on the missionary life, its going amazingly well, thanks to members. I really feel like the best way to do missionary work and really a great way to get solid investigators is to work with members! We've seen more miracles by this than any other way. If every member brought one friend to church and lets say only a 10% show interest, do you know how much that would be still! A LOT of new members, so my challenge to everyone this week is to invite a member to church, and you really never know what will happen! I promise they will feel the spirit in D&C 6:32 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as touching one thing, behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you." There is a special spirit that is at the church when we partake of the sacrament, and I know everyone will be able to feel it. The most important thing about missionary work is to INVITE! Nobody can change without an invitation to do so! 
I love you all so much and I have been studying D&C 6 recently, and just loving it, every time i feel down, I just go there for advice, and its just awesome! 
I just sent my flashdrive home so you should be reciving some pics soon.
Love you so much, cant wait to talk in April.
Avec tout mon amour,
Soeur Stevens
 

No comments:

Post a Comment