Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Challenging week-


My week!
Well this week was unexpectedly hard. Haha you win some and loose
some, but I realize I'm getting to the last 6 weeks and with that, yep
things are going to get a bit harder.
It's vacations here so for this week and next week everyone is out of
town, which makes missionary work a little hard. But it's ok we've
found things to still keep us busy. We've been contacting a lot of
people, which is alway hilarious and interesting.
But nearing the end of the week on Friday we had district meeting and
our DL gave us an awesome formation. It was all about "do not shrink
but be brave and of good cheer" so we read that and talked about how
we can reach our goals and such, and in the end read:
16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they
might not suffer if they would repent;
17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to
tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer
both body and spirit--and would that I might not drink the bitter cup,
and shrink--
19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my
preparations unto the children of men.
Do not shrink, but be brave and
of good cheer
Sometimes there are moments in our life that we may feel utterly
alone, and want to give up. We have to remember that Christ has felt
that too, did he not ask while in the garden if there wasn't an easier
way? And though there wasn't He loved us so much he "did not shrink"
but continued and atoned for all humanity. He didn't shrink, so why
should we. Not only do we know He is with us, but it gives us all the
more reason to be brave and of good cheer, because of Him.
Then we watched the Mormon message "climbing mountains" which makes me
cry everytime. Haha then he testified about how we are never alone,
and that he, the DL, loved us, and if there was ever anything we
needed we could call him, I love my district were pretty tight. Then
he ended with a quote by Holland,
"In the gospel of Jesus Christ we have help from both sides of the
veil. When disappointment and discouragement strike- and they will-
you must remember and never forget that if your eyes were open you
would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding
at reckless speed coming to our protection" TRUTH.
Ah it was a really good reunion for everyone.
It's amazing to see, that though the week is hard at the end of it, on
Sunday's, I can still look back and smile, and I literally can't stop
being so happy. I've realized where my foundation lies, and with that
you can go through daily trials with hope and happiness.
What else happened this week... We had some pretty epic RDVs with our
Amis. Some a little intense too lol, but totally worth it. In French
we say, "ça veut le peine" "it wants the effort" or "its worth it"
haha I learned some other little sayings and stuff which was really
cool. We hung out at a refugee camp and learned how to make African
food lol. Also got African clothes haha those are sick, and learned
how to do the head wraps hehe. Tyler will love Madagascar. It's close
to Africa and they speak a lot of French there, and they are just
awesome people. Really super nice, and loving.
So yep, not a ton happened, also trying to organize my stuff and see
what all I'm going to take with me and not take with me. I will be
fine with no packages honestly haha.
That's super cool I got some scholarships...I have no idea what kind,
but like cool! That's a huge blessing and relief. Every week I just
see so many blessings that have come from serving this mission. It's
pretty dang awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment