Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Made a Trainer!


My week

   
9/14/15
 
 
To: STEVENS ROBERT, Kirsten, Stevens Courtney
My week:
Monday: well we searched around for a free wifi place so we could email you. Haha and the mall has free wifi so that was cool then we went and did soirée famille and Soeur welter made fudge and we cut it into pieces then we showed them to everyone and asked if they wanted one, and when they said yes, Soeur welter had to do 15 crunches for each person. Some said no I don't want fudge if it'll make her have to do more crunches, and then she said, well even if you don't want it I will still do 15 crunches for you. Then someone said, ok so what if I do my own 15 crunches for the fudge. She said, no only I can do the crunches because it is my gift to give. In the end some people were like really stressed out trying to figure out why we made Soeur welter do this for everyone. Then in the end we said, how does this relate to the atonement? Ha got em! They were like, oh! The fudge was like his atonement, and it's a free gift to everyone, no matter if you take it and use it or not, you can't make up for it yourself, it was him who had to suffer for us because he was the only one capable. It was super cool and everyone liked it. 
Tuesday:
We were running late out the door because yes mom I make us late because I have to brush my teeth lol. Anyways we had to get to this apt on time because our bus for the next apt one came in an hour, and that would take us to the next town over about an hour to Montargis. So we were running late and got to the bus to the apt that was first and the bus came right as we got there it was perfect timing, then I got on and guess what! It was one of the gare dancer guys right ahead of me... Oh I wanted to share the gospel with that guy so bad, but we can't talk to men. Lol then I rubbed my eye and realized I forgot to put on makeup.. Awk, and as all of this was happening I looked out the window and there was the girl whose house we were going to. I quickly pushed the button to stop the bus at the next stop and we got off right as she was crossing to us. We said hi, and she told us she had mistaked the time forgot our apt and was about to call us and tell us she was going to be a half hour late lol. So we walked to the park bench that just happened to be right there and shared a lesson. With time for me to go home and get ready and make our bus to Montargis. We went and visited Angela with a member who took us to Chinese for lunch. Then long story we read the bus times wrong, and got stuck there for 2 hours and found a chateau so we took some pics and got to check it out, talked to some people. And made it back to Orleans in time too lol. So miracles, and échecs all in one, gotta love missionary life! 
Wednesday: 
Went well! Haha we got frudged a couple times but we got cookies and apples from Soeur penverne so that was nice of her. Then we visit taught this lady in the ward, she has a really hard life story and I realized how much respect I have for her and all the members of this ward. Then we had DMP, and I just love that couple. They do so much for us lol.
Thursday:
GUESS WHAT! Well NEWS AND CURVE BALL for me! We got up and we're getting ready and we had our district meeting in Orleans and the zone leaders called and were like hey we're at the gare can you come pick us up to take to the church, and I was like yeah sure can you give us like 20 minutes to finish cooking the lunch we will bring. They said sure, so I kept getting ready and about 5 minutes later I hear Soeur welter on the phone and I though it was the zone leaders again, so I came into the kitchen and I was like what else do they want? Soeur welter said, they want to talk to you and passed me the phone, then I hear a ,"hey Soeur Stevens, this is Elder Lattin (the AP) and I was thinking, why are they calling us right now, are they coming to the meeting too or something.. Then he gave me some news, he said,"hey we have a Soeur who broke her foot in the MTC so she couldn't come out with the group this last time, but she just got clearance from the doctor, so she is coming a little bit into the transfer, and she needs a home, we've prayed and thought about it and we know you need to train her!" Haha so needless to say they asked if I would open up a new equine in Orleans and train her! Crazy! I didn't know what to say, or what do to, it is in the middle of the transfer, so I was really surprised. But I told them yes of course I will train her. So she comes in Wednesday September 16th straight from her house. I don't know anything about her really, but I'm excited! IM TRAINING AGAIN! So big changes. Soeur welter and Soeur kemp will stay here too and be in the same apartment, so it's not like I'm moving anywhere. I really don't know how this will all end up, but I know it will be one crazy experience haha. After that we went to district meeting and ok, let me just preface this story by telling you some mission lingo, otherwise this could be awkward. When a missionary is a trainer if it is a sister then the trainer is a "mom" if an elder the trainer is a "dad". So when you get the call to train you become"pregnant" until you get your new companion, it's really weird now that I'm typing this all out, but it's just mission culture. So I walked up to the elders at the gare to our district leader and said, guess what, I'm training, haha then just told them what was going on. Then we got to the church and the zone leaders were there and elder beck was like, hey Soeur your pregnant!" I was like how did you know? Then he told me the assistants and told them that I was training, I was so mad, they knew before I did lol and they kept it together this whole time. But all the same, I am excited and the entire district lunch was devoted to how many tricks everyone could play on my new blue (a missionary who is being trained is called a blue). Oh we made some good ones, I'm thinking about doing a Russian accent and pretending I don't know how to speak English lol, we practiced and they said I could pull it off, either way she's going to be in for a treat with me as her trainer lol. 
Friday:
We went to Montargis and worked doing service all day on this lady's boat. It took forever, and it was dirty! It gave me so much appreciation for the home I live in and how clean it is! Thank you for making me clean when I was a kid mom, I see now why. Then at the end of the day I spent 3 hours scraping off paint from the boat... We all got some blister, cuts, and a sunburn, but we made a ton of progress so it was awesome! The lady went to the "boucherie" I don't think we have that in America but is a special place just for buying meat. And she bought 3 kl. of turkey (really rare, in France!) and cooked it with some lemon pepper and we had potato salad and made it a little American day of remembrance in lue of 9/11. So that was fun, and worth all the pain to see the lady so happy that we made so much progress on her boat. So it was a good day, and I slept so well that night haha. 
Saturday: 
So many rendez-vous! I don't even know where to start but that we didn't even have time to eat that day we were so busy!
Sunday:
We went to church and Vanessa was there! Yay she came, and we made arrangements for her to be able to go to stake conference because it is in Le Mans, not Orleans. So yeah. Then after we put on a fireside and invited the ward to watch 17 miracles, and everyone cried, it was so good and the spirit was so strong! Everyone was really touched, and after I talked to Vanessa and she said she cried, and wanted to be with someone forever. It was cute. Then we went to a mangez-vous with the Penverne famille and Vanessa! It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment