Monday, December 7, 2015

Final Letter home and top three things learned in mission field!

Well this week was absolutely amazing. From beginning to end. I don't even know where to begin, but it was a lot of goodbyes. 
I'm not sure how to really write this email. It's been so long of this, that it still feels like normal life was a dream of the past, and the mission is forever. But I think it'll hit when I get on the plane. Oh man. I'm still battling the sinus infection. But I got a blessing and it's been getting much better. I hope all will work out. 
This week has been a real white knuckler to the end. Haha. We had tons of RDVs And got a baptismal date set with one of our Amis we've had since erickson and I. We actually got two new Amis from our Amis too haha it was just a crazy miracle week. And we had some super good mangez Vous with the members and Amis literally. His week was a dream. 
But, I'm super stoked to see you all soon, and everyone was like, oh next Sunday you'll be living in a different language! Haha NO! I like always having to speak another language, it's like a challenge that never ends! 
I guess for the last email of my mission I will share the top 3 things I learned while in the field:
  1. Jesus is the Christ. I learned a lot about the gospel, and missionary work, in the end I believe a mission is a Training center for life.  We learn and grow so much, and though the trials I learned who was there with me the whole time. I have a strong relationship with my Heavenly Father and Christ. Through experiences, and work, I have come to know with confidence this gospel is true.
  2. Communication with others. When times are hard, nobody can know you are frustrated, or sad if you don't tell them! It's your responsibility to act, and be Christlike, but share with others your feelings, hopes, and goals. They can't help you if you aren't open (that was something that took me a while to learn). Once you discuss in a loving manner what you are feeling, that's when problems can be solved, and relationships can grow. 
  3. We choose our own happiness. No matter the trials we are faced with, or the circumstances we are in, we can choose to be happy. There have been so many times I have wanted to be angry at others or myself for silly reasons. We can choose to be who we want to be. We have agency, the greatest gift God has given us, so why not use it wisely, and choose to do the right. Choose to be happy. Once I figured that out, life just became a whole lot easier. Remember the big picture, our president always quotes the general conference talk, "there are no endings, only eternal beginnings."
I can't wait to see you all in a couple days!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, thank you so much for sharing with all of us here. Enjoy your homecoming! You have served well and we are all excited and happy for you. I am so glad that your mission was a meaningful and joyous experience. We love you and are grateful for your shining example.

    ReplyDelete