Monday, March 16, 2015

Faith is a real power...

One of the most valuable lessons I have learned on this mission. 
"Faith is a real power, not just an expression of belief" I have come to have a very real knowledge of the power of faith. It really is a power, it can change you and your life. I know it has because I have lived it many times in France. When at the end of your day, when you have spent all of your day preaching this gospel and you feel like the only thing you can do is just enough energy to walk back home, I have learned faith, hope, patience is what keeps us going to the end, we say a silent prayer, and I have too many times felt the angels on my back carrying me onward and upward. I found this poem that I just loved so much,
"No ray of sunshine is ever lost,
But the green which it awakes into existance,
Needs time to sprout,
And it is not always granted to the sower
To see the harvest.
All work that is worth anything,
Is done in faith."
Albert Scweitzer
In the mission I have learned that we do a LOT of planting haha a lot of contacting, and not always to we see the ending result, the baptisms, or the progression of investigators, but we do our work in faith, so that one day there will be baptisms, and people will accept this gospel, because it is the truth. It is hard, "but light always wins" so we keep moving forward no matter what comes upon us. I think that is the biggest lesson I have learned. 
Ok, now im in Rennes, its a ville on the west coast of France, I LOVE IT! really i am so blessed to go from Paris, to here, ah! My comp right now is Soeur Ellis, she is from Nampa ID. I really love her, we get along really well, and she is going into nursing too! I live with another soeur equipe too, Soeur Back, and Hansen and guess what! Soeur Hansen is from Portland! haha Soeur Back is from SLC. We have an awesome time here doing work and recently on saturday we baptized our investigator Celine!!!! It was just an amazingly spiritual experience!

Love you all,
Soeur Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment