Sunday, April 5, 2015

Another baptism! Sore stomach but with inspiration, better and lots happening in the mission...

Ok so for starters, we've been having a pretty chill pdays lately, i've been tired, so we just sleep, and I love it. 
 
So, tuesday I went home for dinner and we ate a salad and orange, and we were on our way out to an FHE with the frere who is over the missionaries, DMP in french, anyway his family invited us for a soiree. So with our dinner of salad, we were on our way out, and my knee had been pretty nasty feeling all week, so I remembered the medication I got from the MTC, and was like PERFECT i can take that and it will help! So I took it. and we left, the night was fun with the family. Then that night, i though i was going to die, my stomach hurt SO BAD! It was the worst! I couldn't sleep at all, and was in the bathroom all night. 
So then the next day, still thought I would die, but we had a bunch of rendez vous I was not going to miss, and so we went and did a member split. BEST THING EVER! haha I went with a member she was about your age, to teach our amie Amandine. So the whole time the member was just so happy that we called her to teach with , and was like "can we take a picture and post it on facebook?" I just love working with the missionaries here! AH Im so happy you could do this! haha Anyway the lesson went amazing and the Lord granted me some what french to be able to go through a day of a francophone, lessons, contacting, and needing to throwup every hour with somewhat ease. So then that day happened, still couldnt sleep that night from pain. 
The next day, we went to say goodbye to Celine our amie who was just baptized, she is officially moved to Amiens, but we cried and said goodbye, and she was really sad to leave, but ca va c'est la vie. Then after the lesson, we walked out of the apartement, I looked at Soeur Ellis was like "im either going to die, or were going to get help" so S.Ellis was awesome and we just went straight home and called the mission nurse. She is an older french lady and needless to say we couldnt really comunicate, but she gave me a perscription that she thought could help. I was a little bit skeptical at how much she understood, and if I wrote the perscription right, so I felt inspired to call my favorite person in France, Pascale. a recent convert who is a single mom, nurse, raising 2 kids, lived in Paris Lilas before Rennes and had a baby the same time I came to France. Anyway we have a ton to talk about all the time, and she is just an awesome example to me that no matter what life throws at ya, take it. and roll with it! haha anyway, so she told me to call her if anything ever happened and she would be happy to help, so i did, (she also speaks fluent english and french, so much easier to talk to) I told her the whole story and for how long my stomach was hurting and I didnt want to eat, just kinda miserable. After the story she just asked. "What medication did you take, that you have to eat food with?" haha I looked at the perscription from the MTC with bright red letters and a picture of a burger and soda spells "take with FOOD" haha well. she just laughed, and said "Thats it!" she was like what did you eat with your dinner that night, I said a salad and orange... she was like " Oh my goodness are you trying to die" haha so solved that one, and she gave me a better perscription to take, and I went to the pharmacy and got it, they are like little sachets of like the size of crystal light, but its like lemon cake batter mixed with protien powder... not bad tasting but just wierd. Anyway I take those like 5x a day and it helps a lot. She told me I need to help heal my stomach and complex foods will hurt, so now i've been living off soup and ice cream and saltine crackers until my stomach is better.
SO.. many days of self inflicted pain later.... Im doing a lot better, its almost gone now, but I ate some romen noodles and wanted to throw up after so, going to go a few more days on soup. and the next day we didnt have anything planned except one renedez vous and they canceled, so I think Heavenly Father was helping me out with that one. I got to sleep all day and just take my lemon cake batter protien poweder sachet shots lol. But then Sunday happened. 
We went to church and talked with Leena, she was getting baptized in the US, spoiler alert, she was denied a visa, so shes getting baptized here with us this week instead!! Ok, and she is good friends with this american member who she served her mission in Sweden. Well she (the member) was putting on this fireside presenting her doctrate thesis it was on the immigration on the scandanavian saints (yeah, dont ask me what her degree was.. I heard it was Folklore.. I really dont know) anyway Leena really wanted to go so we were excited we got to go to this fireside. It was pretty cool learned a bunch of stuff, and was an example of what a scandanavian saint was haha that was funny.
Anyway the day was fun and we just got to finalize Leena's plans for her baptism in the US... which is now off because she cant go.. really bummed for her, but I know its what the Lord wants. So now we are going to be busy planning her baptism here for this week or the next! 

I am excited to start our easter contacting, getting ready for Leena's baptism, and General Conference, the other soeurs are having exchanges, so I get to see the STL's this week, we are also going up to St. Brieuc to visit a less active, but she seems excited and will look for us at the gare! yay! Lots happening this week and the next we will have our zone conference here in Rennes again, but then right after we have our exchanges with the STL's and we will go to Nantes for that so yep lots happening then soon after we will have mission conference and I get to see everyone! And possibly ipads... lots happening to keep my mind here 
Love you all.
Have an awesome week!
Soeur Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment